GET strives to promote responsible travel to all of our destinations with all of our guests.
Being a responsible Tourism Company means that we respect the people, environment and places we visit. Our main objectives in promoting this are:
- To strive to offer economic benefit to local businesses and communities;
- To minimise its impact on the environment,
- To respect local people and cultures;
- To provide a memorable experience for travellers;
- To protect destinations for future generations.
How do GET promote Responsbile Tourism? GET not only provides unforgettable experiences for schools, it also makes sure that the people and the environment being visited are involved. GET attempts to achieve this through the following guidelines:
- GET employ local operators, guides and and third party suppliers in the destinations we travel to support our groups.
- All of our groups are educated in best responsible tourism practice when visiting our destinations:
- respecting the flora and fauna,
- correct disposal of waste
- cultural and religious respect and understanding,
- water conservation,
- language and interacting with the local people.
- Leave No Trace ethos.
- In an effort to reduce paper use in our office, all of our correspondence and communication, where possible, is done electronically with minimal paper use.
- Following up to date best practice with and to support various organisations with a specific focus on being a responsible tourist:
How can you be a Responsible Tourist?
Before you travel:
- Research about your destination – the geography, culture, climate, political history and current news.
- Learn a few words and phrases of the language
- When putting your kit together consider what you will take on your trip:
- Single use plastics?
- Non-essential items which could be more of a hindrance?
- Toiletries which are environmentally friendly?
When on your trip:
- Take photos with care – always ask. Take only photos and leave only footprints when on trails and stick to the path
- Dispose of waste properly – wrappers, toilet waste, food
- Respect water and try not to waste – reduce the use of single use plastic bottles – use one container
- Interact with locals and your guides – you will learn a great deal about them and their country
- Have fun and gain an experience of a lifetime!
When you get home:
- Share your memories and experiences and plan your next trip!